Monday, June 15, 2009

Carcassonne, Toulouse & Bordeaux, France



At Least A Breach Of Etiquette: Clearing The Queue Part One

It is surely at least a breach of etiquette to admit inattentiveness to one's adoring public. Nonetheless, I simply haven't had the time to put together proper postings lately. Therefore, I present to you the following in style over substance:

















Will this be Mark's favorite photo?



Or will it be this one?



If I were to take the time to tell you a story, it would be about the Bordeaux performing arts festival and a physics-defying activity entitled "diabolo". It was like The 3 Stooges guest starring on Mr. Wizard. And following that, a percussion show utilizing pyrotechnics as musical instruments:



Many thanks to my hosts and tour guides over the past few weeks - you have all fully succeeded in showing me a good time and spicing up my wanderings with a bit of direction.

I think this very sensible photo says it all:



That's all for now! Look for another barrage of photos when Matthew visits the northern part of the country!

Protip: It already happened!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely photos--all those wine bottles! See u soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't post for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those potatoes? I adore all the photos, but I loved seeing your face! Miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaf is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I visited Carcassonne in 4th grade, I wrote a song about it...to the tune of The Beatles' Rocky Raccoon. Yeah...we were listening to the White Album the whole trip....

    That piece of paper is buried in a box so I don't know what the song was about but I'm guessing it had something to do with the Inquisition. Fun and educational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was still eating Play-Doh in 4th grade.

    ReplyDelete